Edenton Chowan Partnership, Inc. is currently searching for a new Executive Director
Job Description, Qualifications and Remuneration
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide staff leadership and administration in achieving the Partnership’s goals, as defined by the Board of the Edenton Chowan Partnership, Inc., a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit;
Provide leadership and management of the Partnership including:
- Day-to-day operations including, but not limited to, responding to request from development clients and public or private groups for information about potential sites, factual workforce capabilities, community demographics and market data; meet and educate potential agricultural, industrial and housing development clients; work with existing businesses to expand their job creation, and serve as liaison to appropriate information seeking groups; identify and seek potential grants to further the work of the Partnership.
- Represent the Partnership to the public and stakeholders to advance the goals of the organization;
- Recruit, train and manage a small staff; and
- Administer/oversee the organization’s finances, accounting, and financial reporting and support the Board’s fundraising efforts.
- Highly effective writer and oral communicator, creative, innovative and entrepreneurial, with a demonstrated ability to foster teamwork;
- Demonstrated leadership and management of non-profit/volunteer organizations or comparable related experiences in business, health, academia or governmental settings;
- Be a proven dynamic, innovative, and self-motivated individual;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and related equipment for:
- Ability to review and approve QuickBooks Pro accounts prepared by an outside vendor and inform the Board of it financial status at all times;
- MS Office software; word processing, database integration and document merge, Outlook e-mail and other software to accomplish educational and informational message distribution via Constant Contact/MailChimp-type applications; knowledge of Internet and social media (basic website updating, Facebook and other social media systems); and
- Adaptability, willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends, evenings normal in a small organization structure.
Remuneration and Submission Process and Deadlines:
- Salary: commensurate with experience and in keeping with a small community not-for-profit;
- Applications and nominations are accepted until the position is filled. Applications should include a resume’ detailing job and educational experiences, plus at least three references with whom you have not been a fellow employee, to:
Attn: Search Committee
Edenton Chowan Partnership, Inc.
101 West Water Street
Edenton, North Carolina 27932
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background of the
Edenton Chowan Partnership, Inc.
The Edenton Chowan Partnership:
- Was created by local private and public-sector individuals in 2012 and is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization;
- The strategic plan of the Partnership recognizes, in part:
- The long-term vitality and prosperity of both the Town and County are dependent on successful educational institutions producing a capable workforce, including the College of the Albemarle and the Chowan County School System.
- The medium-term expansion of the area’s vitality will be derived through economic development recruitment based on information distribution that places emphasis on agriculture, aquaculture and food processing, as well as traditional manufacturing and professional services delivery.
- Information distribution about retirement living options is fundamental to the short-term growth and health of the Town and County.
- The Partnership Board employees an Executive Director and such staff as needed to accomplish its goals; and
- Is financially supported by the Town of Edenton, Chowan County Board of Commissioners and the private sector in approximately equal proportions.