Support Your Local Businesses During COVID-19 Pandemic
During this COVID-19 Situation we are encouraging all to support local businesses. Many communities have created social media groups or websites to keep track of businesses still open and what services they are offering. Some of these are being created as a direct response to the current pandemic and some have already existed. We are compiling this ongoing list for eastern NC by county of what websites and resources are available. If there is a resource you would like to see listed, please contact Trey Goodson (email@example.com).
North Carolina Business relief Resources-COVID-19
- EDPNC has developed this web page compiling resources available to assist businesses through this pandemic.
- If you have run into supply chain disruptions check out ManufacturedNC to identify the manufacturer or supplier you need.
- Small businesses and non-profits that have been severely affected by COVID-19 are encouraged to apply for low interest loans through the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program from the SBA
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program is offering cash and ad credits to small businesses affected by COVID-19
- United Way Worldwide has established the COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund to assist vulnerable communities access critical information and basic services
- Business Edge offers layoff aversion consulting strategies to assist North Carolina Employers minimize Job Loss
- The North Carolina Employment Security Division has adjusted due to COVID-19. Apply for unemployment here.
- Golden Leaf and NC Rural Center have developed a new loan program offering 0% interest loans for 6 months called NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loans
NCDPS Emergency management has identified a list of healthcare products in critical need. If you are or know of a manufacturer who can make these products please refer this information to them. All manufacturers interested in re-purposing their facilities to make these products should contact Matt Kemnitz, AD, North Carolina Emergency management, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 825-2365.
Healthcare Products urgently needed: Surgical masks (ear-loop, 3-ply), N95 respirator (must be NIOSH approved), Surgical gowns, Face shields/Eye protection, Yellow isolation gowns (universal or XL), Blue poly gowns (universal or XL), Shoe Covers, Hand Sanitizer, Antibacterial Soap, Disinfecting Spray (Liquid), Disinfecting Wipes, Bleach, Ventilators w/accessories, Air-purifying respirators (PAPR/CAPRs), PAPR Hood, PAPR Filters, PAPR Batteries, Goggles, Tyvek Suits, Coveralls, P99 and N100 Respirators, Bouffant Cap, Boot Covers for Tyvek Suits, Protect Foam (Foaming Antibacterial Barrier)
East NC Small Business Support Social Media Groups and Websites:
- Facebook: Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Carteret County Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Edenton-Chowan Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Onslow/Craven/Carteret Area Restaurants – Take Out & Delivery Options
- Facebook: New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Havelock Chamber
- Facebook: Uncork Duplin County
- Facebook: Tarboro Edgecombe Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Gates County Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Greene County Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Ahoskie Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Murfreesboro Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Murfreesboro NC Takeout
- Facebook: Hyde Chamber
- Facebook: Jones County NC
- Facebook: Martin County Takeout and Delivery
- Facebook: Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Roanoke Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Pamlico Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Wayne County Chamber of Commerce
- Facebook: Wilson Chamber of Commerce